October 19, 2015
Connected Device and Service Management Leader Speaking at AllSeen Alliance Summit in Seattle
SEATTLE, WA (PRWEB) OCTOBER 19, 2015
Affinegy, the network management solution company that makes IoT Just Work, is pleased to announce the commercial availability of its CHARIOT IoT Cloud Platform. The product, which will be shown at the AllSeen Alliance Summit this week, Oct 19-21, in Seattle, is a turn-key fast cloud service for IoT applications and connected products. Product companies, developers, service providers and users will all benefit from the real-time remote device access and service anywhere that CHARIOT delivers. Affinegy co-founder and CTO, Art Lancaster, will also be speaking at the AllSeen Alliance Summit.
With Affinegy’s CHARIOT, AllJoyn Becomes Cloud Native
For the first time, developers can connect their IoT products using only pure and standard AllJoyn interfaces. It is no longer necessary to add web clients, REST APIs, or other non-AllJoyn interfaces just to connect with remote access services. Instead, IoT products connect to CHARIOT with standard AllJoyn code in the same fashion as AllJoyn is used to connect with other devices in the local network. Specifically, it is the new AllJoyn XMPP Connector contributed by Affinegy that enables fast and secure routing of AllJoyn messages to any remote networking location, be it a cloud service, mobile device, or second AllJoyn networked environment. Additionally, this AllJoyn XMPP Connector works as a connector plug-in for the AllJoyn Gateway Agent to easily manage which local AllJoyn devices become remotely accessible via the CHARIOT platform.
CHARIOT is available with two remote access service options:
● CHARIOT Connect™ for remote access with a single device
● CHARIOT Direct™ for remote access to an entire network of devices
With its native AllJoyn approach, CHARIOT retains AllJoyn’s major privacy benefit of strong endpoint to endpoint security.
“Affinegy’s CHARIOT is the first cloud service that natively extends AllJoyn beyond the home,” said Philip DesAutels, Senior Director of IOT, Linux Foundation. “It is innovative companies, like Affinegy, that help advance the commercial possibilities of AllJoyn.”
Simple Pricing, On-Line Sign-up with Global Volume Scale
The CHARIOT Platform is available free for development use at http://www.chariot.global. The cloud service is pre-configured and ready for companies to deliver professionally managed cloud services with their connected products. As a turn-key service, everything needed for products companies to develop and manage connected product services is provided:
● Easy product on-boarding to the WiFi network, and registration of end-customers with their products and mobile apps.
● Real-time remote access to connected products, important especially for peace-of-mind home security and automation services
● Works anywhere – global network routing with regional cloud hosting presence
● Real time device status and usage reports by product and customer and easy integration to back office billing.
● Scale to grow from hundreds to millions of connected customers for each product company in their own private management domain in CHARIOT
● Simple pricing on the number of devices connecting to CHARIOT, no traffic or transactions fees that are hard to predict.
● Develop products for free, pay online after successful release and volume. OEM arrangements, support and integration services are also available from Affinegy.
Affinegy is a founding member of the AllSeen Alliance, since 2013. In April 2014, Lancaster was elected to the AllSeen Alliance Board of Directors. In May 2014, he was made chair of the AllSeen Gateway Working Group, which announced the AllJoyn Gateway Agent in January 2015. Today, the AllJoyn interface is extended further through Affinegy’s CHARIOT and the AllJoyn XMPP Connector contributed by Affinegy. Lancaster is speaking at the Summit on how to make AllJoyn cloud native, how developers can now use pure AllJoyn interfaces for remote application access and services, no longer just local.
More About Affinegy:
Since 2003, Affinegy has delivered connected device management solutions to leading broadband providers and device manufacturers that help their customers with installation, provisioning, management and support of services. Now, Affinegy’s software enables simple, , secure, and scalable device connectivity in the Internet of Things. Affinegy is a leader in the AllSeen Alliance, the broadest cross-industry open source consortium to advance the Internet of Things. Affinegy is headquartered in Austin, TX with additional offices in Dallas, and Wroclaw, Poland. More at http://www.affinegy.com.